Creating a Flawless Tan
Before your spray tan appointment
- We recommend you make your spray tan appointment the day before your event. The tan will continue to develop further for up to 24 hours.
- Ensure you do all of your hair removal i.e. sugaring at least 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment.
- Gently exfoliate your skin with soft spa gloves or Skin Juice Buff Body Exfoliant at least 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment, to remove any dead cells. Do not use salt scrubs.
- Moisturise twice daily with one of our Skin Juice Nutraceutical Body Lotions or creams for at least a week leading up to your tan. This will give you an optimal result. However, do not moisturise on the day of your spray tan
On the day of your spray tan appointment
- DO NOT apply any products to your skin (no moisturiser, no deodorant, no perfume, NOTHING) on the day of your appointment. Any product applied to your skin will act as either a barrier to the tan, or it may react chemically with the tan solution.
- A bit nervous, don’t be. We’re professionals. We provide you with a disposable g-string, hair cap and feet protectors, but if you want to wear nothing or your swimwear that’s ok too.
- The same situation applies if you come to your appointment and you are sweaty – the sweat acts as a barrier to the tan, and may also cause the tan to run, causing streaks/patches.
- Wear your Kaf-Tanned Dress to your appointment OR you may purchase one from us. Tight clothing will rub against your skin and may cause patches. Besides you’ll look stylish when leaving in your Kaf.Tanned Dress.
- To avoid strap marks, we recommend you do not wear your bra after your appointment, until your tan has fully developed, and you have washed it off.
- Bring thongs to wear after your appointment, as shoes/socks will cause the tan to rub off/leave patches.
Spray Tan After-Care
- Do not get wet or sweaty before you are due to wash your tan off (be careful if washing your hands! – soap and water will wash away your tan, and any splashes will make it run).
- Do not put any products on your skin until after you have had your first shower or you will ruin your tan.
Your First Shower
- Your therapist will advise how long to wait before rinsing your tan.Use only water to rinse the tan off. Do not scrub/rub your skin. Do not use any body wash or shampoo. Do not use any products containing sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) as this will strip your tan.
- Do not rub your skin; simply pat your skin dry very gently to absorb the moisture.
- Once you are dry MOISTURISE, MOISTURISE, MOUISTURISE!! At least TWICE a day. We recommend one of our Skin Juice Nutraceutical Body Lotions or creams as they are super hydrating and smell fantastic.
Want your tan to look good and last as long as possible (7-10 days)?? Then you will need to ensure you follow the after-care steps very carefully. Ensure you keep your skin hydrated. Swimming in chlorinated pools and at the beach, along with long soaking in water will fade your tan more quickly.